IST Pro Ear Mask
The IST Pro Ear Mask falls under the Diving Masks category and is available at our Dive Shop. For more info on this item of Dive Gear, please see below:
The Pro Ear Mask from IST is for divers who have difficulty in equalising and problems with ear infections regardless of experience. More dives are aborted and more diving holidays shortened due to ear problems than any other cause.
Water and pressure affect every diver’s ears. Infection and discomfort to the ear are the most common health risks involved in diving, often causing permanent damage. Many divers find they must interrupt expensive, long awaited diving holidays as a result of ear problems. The financial loss and unfulfilled expectations are enormous.
- The Pro Ear mask has Silicone straps mounted on swivel buckles.
- A large contact surface secures the mask to the wearer
- Clear skirt is made from hypoallergenic silicone and conforms to a wide range of facial profiles
- Equalisation tubes. A one way valve is placed inside each tube, air is allowed to travel from the mask to the ear covers for pressure and equalisation and water clearance while stopping water flooding the mask in the unlikely event of flooded ear covers.
- Ear Covers. Soft silicone ear covers form a water tight seal between the ear drum and the cover. The pressure buffer created has the same pressure as your nasal cavity mask when air exhaled through the nose is introduced through the equalisation tubes. Therefore the pressure experienced in your middle and outer ear is the same and the “squeeze” from the ambient will be significantly reduced. Other benefits by keeping the ears sealed include reduced chance of an ear infection from water, improved sense of direction and warmth retention.
One of the greatest joys of diving is being able to see the Underwater World.
For this reason, a mask becomes a very personal part of your equipment. And an incredibly important part of your diving too!
A mask that doesn’t fit, leaks or tends to leave you with bruises after the dive is no good.
We always say that the most important thing to consider when buying a mask is the fit. Not what it looks like!
If you manage to find one that both fits and is bright pink – then you have struck gold!
We carry all makes and brands of masks.
We also carry a huge variety of different colours.