Mares X-Stream Fins
The Mares X-Stream Fins are under the Diving Fins category and is available at our Dive Shop. For more info on this item of Dive Gear, please see below:
The X-Stream fin from Mares is an adjustable, open footed scuba fin which is lightweight and comfortable with a new foot pocket and new blade construction for less turbulence in the water. The X-Stream is designed to provide a greater thrust throughout the water but with less effort and this is achieved by allowing the blade to maintain an optimal angle throughout the kicking cycle along with a channel thrust which, inspired by marine mammals, allows for great channelling of water compared to other fins of the same size.
The X Stream won the prestigious Red Dot product design award illustrating that it is a truly excellent product.
- Riddled foot pockets prevent water from entering the space between the bootie and the foot pocket which would normally create a parachute type drag. The perforations also make the foot pocket soft and flexible and means there is no longer a suction which can make doffing cumbersome.
- OPB or optimized pivoting blade allows the blade to maintain an optimal angle throughout your kicking cycle. This provides a constant thrust which keeps fatigue to a minimum and provides fluid movement through the water.
- Superchannel. The blade has been designed with a large, flexible central super channel which propels water more efficiently down the fin blade instead of letting it spill over the sides for optimal performance and minimal diver effort.
- Channel thrust is inspired by marine mammals and this new technology maximizes the channelling of water and moves a much greater amount of water compared to other fins. This results in greater thrusting power but with the same amount of effort.
- ABS plus buckles allows quick opening and closing of the buckle even when wearing thick neoprene gloves. The double button release prevents the buckle from accidentally opening making it really user-friendly.
- Open foot pocket provides maximum power and evenly distributes pressure over the foot to minimize tiredness. Internal ribbing inside the foot pocket improves fit and prevents foot suction and flexing of the foot pocket whilst transmitting great power to the blade.
- Tri Material construction provides superior performance, maximum elasticity, great durability and a resistance to ageing.
Diving Fins are for Propulsion and Manoeuvring underwater.
The Two Types of fins are Open Heal and Closed Heal Fins.
The Two Main Designs of Open Heal Fins are the Flutter fin as well as the Stiff Fin.
Stiff Fins generally Float and force a bad attitude in the water, whereas the flutter fins are slightly negatively buoyant to bring your feet down for a Straight and Streamlined Profile.
The key is to choose fins that are not necessarily good looking, but are comfortable and soft in the water.
Another consideration is a fin with spring straps as they are far easy to pull on and off in a crowded dive boat.
Rubber fins or fins with a rubber membrane are usually better than those with a plastic blade as the plastic blade floats.
We recommend the Apollo Bio Fin, Divetek Turbo Fins or the Aqualung X-Shot or FX Shot Fins.