Cressi Palau Fin Black/Yellow
The Cressi Palau Fin Black/Yellow are under the Diving Fins category and is available at our Dive Shop. For more info on this item of Dive Gear, please see below:
- The Palau long adjustable fin (LAF) opens the way for a new type of snorkeling and swimming fin.
- It has been designed for both purposes.
- The first was to have a foot pocket that could easily adapt to at least three or four consecutive foot sizes.
- The second purpose was to guarantee extreme comfort and an ease of fit in a strapped open heel fin even if it is to be worn barefoot.
- The blade is made from a lightweight, yet responsive material that assures a fluid and effortless kick, yet at the same time quite powerful.
- The fin blade extends from the top of the foot pocket for maximum surface area.
- The strap has a strong pull tab ring to allow quick reversal of the strap for ease of donning and doffing or to clip the fins to the body or equipment.
- The fin pocket is made from a soft elastomer for added comfort.
Diving Fins are for Propulsion and Manoeuvring underwater.
The Two Types of fins are Open Heal and Closed Heal Fins.
The Two Main Designs of Open Heal Fins are the Flutter fin as well as the Stiff Fin.
Stiff Fins generally Float and force a bad attitude in the water, whereas the flutter fins are slightly negatively buoyant to bring your feet down for a Straight and Streamlined Profile.
The key is to choose fins that are not necessarily good looking, but are comfortable and soft in the water.
Another consideration is a fin with spring straps as they are far easy to pull on and off in a crowded dive boat.
Rubber fins or fins with a rubber membrane are usually better than those with a plastic blade as the plastic blade floats.