Apeks XTX50 Stage 3 DIN W/XTX40 Octo
The Apeks XTX50 Stage 3 DIN W/XTX40 Octo is under the Diving Regulators category and is available at our Dive Shop. For more info on this item of Dive Gear, please see below:
Four medium-pressure ports all mounted on a rotating turret. This results in optimal hose routing while eliminating sharp bends in the hose.
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
Optional 5th port is available for sidemount or twin cylinder set ups.
Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorised Service Technician.
Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable.
Suitable for coldwater use (below 10 C / 50 F).
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- Uses the DST first stage
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports on a rotating turret are angled for optimum hose routing
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used – press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
Diving Regulators are the life support equipment involved in Diving.
Their purpose is to provide air to the diver at exactly the same pressure as the water, in order for us to breathe. The technology is fairly simple and the designs haven’t been changed in years.
Some regulators do however, breathe better than others.
A top of the line Regulator would be one that has a diaphragm first stage and a balanced second stage.
Medium range, would involve a balanced piston system with either a balanced or unbalanced second stage and Entry Level is an unbalanced piston first stage with an unbalanced second stage.
Don’t fall for the marketing reading a regulator – the basics are: is it balanced or unbalanced and does it have metal internal parts.
For more information on Regulators please click the link: https://divetek.co.za/buy-the-right-gear/buy-the-right-gear-regulators/