Apeks XL4+ Regulator White
The Apeks XL4+ Regulator White is under the Diving Regulators category and is available at our Dive Shop. For more info on this item of Dive Gear, please see below:
The Apeks XL4+ is a compact lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4+ also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment. The XL4+ regulator is a high-performance option for those technical divers serious about weight savings.
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- With 2 HP ports and 4MP ports.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- UV inhibitors to help prevent discolouration of the white materials.
Diving Regulators are the life support equipment involved in Diving.
Their purpose is to provide air to the diver at exactly the same pressure as the water, in order for us to breathe. The technology is fairly simple and the designs haven’t been changed in over 25 years.
Some regulators do however, breathe better than others.
A top of the line Regulator would be a set that has a Diaphragm First Stage and a Balanced second stage.
Medium range, would involve a Balanced Piston system with either a balanced or unbalanced second stage and Entry Level is a Piston First Stage with an Unbalanced Second Stage.
Don’t fall for the marketing reading a regulator – the basics are is it balanced or unbalanced and does it have metal parts.
For more information on Regulators please click the link: https://divetek.co.za/buy-the-right-gear/buy-the-right-gear-regulators/