Apeks Flight Stage 3 Regulator Twilight + Octo
The Apeks Flight Stage 3 Regulator Twilight + Octo is under the Diving Regulators category and is available at our Dive Shop. For more info on this item of Dive Gear, please see below:
The Flight Regulator from Apeks is the lightest regulator in the world! This revolutionary regulator has been made using advanced composite materials selected for their optimum strength to weight ratio and is extremely easy to use.
The Flight is a mid-range regulator ideal for transportation and travel, and despite its compact size its breathe performance is exceptional. This warm water regulator can be used in waters above 10 degree celsius.
The Flight has been tested through over one million breathing cycles which proves its robustness and reliability. It has undergone thorough impact and fatigue testing.
- Subtle purple valve body
- 4 3/8″ UNF medium pressure ports and 2 7/16″ UNF high pressure ports
- Strong, compact valve body
- Impact protected
- In-line hose position
- Balanced for dependable performance
- 300 bar DIN handwheel or 232 bar yoke, 2 shot moulded for durability
- Weight DIN version – 340g (12.0oz)
- Weight Yoke version – 459g (16.2oz)
- Purple ring accenting the purge cover with purple accent pieces
- Subtle flower detail embossed on purge cover
- Integrated Venturi System (IVS)
- Second stage is pneumatically balanced
- Large, ergonomic purge cover
- Purge operation consistent regardless of temperature
- Cracking resistance changeable by a technician
- Exhaust tee effectively keeps bubbles out of the divers face
- Neutrally buoyant
- Supplied with a lightweight hose out of the box
- Weight – 127g (4.5oz)
- Same features as the excellent flight second stage but with high visibility accent pieces and front plate
- Also includes 36″ high visibility lightweight hose
Diving Regulators are the life support equipment involved in Diving.
Their purpose is to provide air to the diver at exactly the same pressure as the water, in order for us to breathe. The technology is fairly simple and the designs haven’t been changed in over 25 years.
Some regulators do however, breathe better than others.
A top of the line Regulator would be a set that has a Diaphragm First Stage and a Balanced second stage.
Medium range, would involve a Balanced Piston system with either a balanced or unbalanced second stage and Entry Level is a Piston First Stage with an Unbalanced Second Stage.
Don’t fall for the marketing reading a regulator – the basics are is it balanced or unbalanced and does it have metal parts.
For more information on Regulators please click the link: https://divetek.co.za/buy-the-right-gear/buy-the-right-gear-regulators/